Monday, January 16, 2012

Kameron's third email! :) December 27th 2011

14 days in the MTC!


I'm doing fine in the MTC, you get homesick every now and then and only having 30 minutes to email is ridiculous but I'm working with it right now. Hopefully tonight another apostle will be here for the devotional, it's always  a GA for the devotional on tuesdays. I have two teachers, however, my second teacher was our first investigator so that was kinda cool. I've learned so much Thai. I can already teach a 30-40 minute lesson with my comp. in just Thai with only a small dictionary in my hands.. We didn't even use it yesterday when we taught. Sounds like christmas went well for you all. I had a good christmas, Jenny sent me a box of goodies with a picture from Brooklyn and some money and a calling card with 140 minutes on it. The MTC has gone really well!  I have taken nearly 75 pictures already so I'm doing a pretty good job at taking pictures.. Both my teachers served their mission in Thailand within the last two years as well so they have lots of pointers and culture tips that they give us all the time. They also are great at teaching the language to us. The MTC is truly a special place, it's important they send missionaries here before going out into the field. I'm glad I get 12 weeks here because the language is hard at times. It has tones so if you use the wrong tone like up or down or updown or down up, you may say something like I "evil" the gospel is true instead of I "believe" the gospel is true.. It truly is ridiculous how the tone can change the word. And the grammer structure for most sentences is really weird, but I'm picking up on it. On Christmas, for breakfast we didn't have much because its sunday but lunch we got some sorta turkey roll and potatoes thing, it was pretty good.. Then a hoagie in a sack lunch with a bag of chips for dinner.. So nothing to brag about, but we did watch Mr Kruegers Christmas on christmas night and the fireside was given by Stephen B. Allen who was an executive producer of the movie and got to tell us a few things about the movie and Jimmy Stewart(the actor) before we watched the movie. It was a great fireside as well. Well I better get going. I love you all and hope you have a happy new year. Love you and miss you all...
Love
Elder Federico

No comments:

Post a Comment