Monday, January 16, 2012

Kameron's first email! :) December 20th 2011

Elder Federico's first email.  7 days in the MTC!

Hello Mom, Walter, and Family:
My experience here at the MTC has been quite the experience so far. We had six people in my district 5 elders and 1 sister. Elder Oakeson and Elder Adams were my companions until Elder Miller left on sick leave... he seemed pretty homesick but idk. So now it's just me and Elder Adams. And Elder Wright moved in with us to be comps with Elder Oakeson. The sister is Sister Chan from Hong Kong. She knows English, Cantanese, and Mandarin and is learning Thai now. Our teacher, Brother Jenkins is a great guy. He served in Thailand the past two years. I've learned a lot in Thai already. I learned how to pray, to bear my testimony, and to teach an investigator a lot of things about the church and what we believe in. All the elders in my district are from Utah :( boring haha. The food here at the MTC is alright most the time, but cereal is always something I can fall on every meal. Sad to hear my broncos lost to the patriots... I hope it was at least a close game. Tuesdays are great because I have Pday and then I get to listen to a general authority later tonight. I do miss football and a couple of other things from home, but it is really fun here at the MTC. I'm very excited to go serve the people of Thailand.. I'm sure I'll have plenty of stories of how crazy they are when I get home. On the 27th of february I will be going to fly out and i'm guessing it'll be an evening flight so yeah. Rumor has it the 1st presidency will be here on the 31st of January because of the 50th aniversary, but I'm not sure. The Provo Temple is closed right now, but will open up in about 2 weeks. We do get to go on temple walks from 4-5 PM every sunday though. it is nice to get out. I miss you all and Love everyone.
Elder Kameron Jay Federico

No comments:

Post a Comment