Friday, March 23, 2012

Kameron's thirteenth email!! :) March 4th 2012 for US March 5th 2012 for Thailand!

83 days on his mission!

Dear Mother and everyone else:

Well I made it to Thailand. I'm in an area called Samut Prakaan and I have a khon thai trainer(thai native). I'm one of three white missionaries to have a trainer in like 3 years I here.. But i am not sure. It is pretty hot here in Thailand but I'm adjusting. My companions name is Elder Benjamin. He's super fun and awesome and is working with me. I Appreciate all the support from everyone. It's crazy to be riding bikes right next to cars flying but Its safe enough and I'm adjusting well. I've picked up a lot of the native tongue and stuff so I'm understanding much more in the lessons and such. OUR FIRST BAPTISM IS SCHEDULED FOR MARCH 18! :) Her name is sister ying and we finished the lessons yesterday so she's ready and excited.. Talk about a sweet bday present huh? I didn't teach her much but I finished the lessons with her :P haha. We have 5 other investigators who are close to baptism just gotta iron out a few issues. The flight here was long but not too bad I slept a little while. Jet lag is rough but I'm adjusting fairly quickly. Today we are going to a crocodile farm for pday so I'm excited for that. My Area is awesome and the members here are pretty sweet. We had 64 people at church total yesterday so that was a good amount. I love the people here already they are all sooo nice and it's humbling to be here because you see how well we have it in America. Thailand is pretty hot but not bad at all. I'm adjusting well and language is coming fairly quickly. The members here have a hard time saying my name. i've been called elder mango and flamingo so yeah haha it's hard for them. I have trouble remembering names but I'm doing better now. I've been very busy and this week we set some good goals so we will see how that goes. I'm excited for today to go to the crocodile farm. I miss everyone out there and I hope everyone the best. I know the gospel is real and the this is the only church. I know God has prepared people here in thailand that are prepared to here and gospel I just gotta go find them. We had a good meeting with members yesterday to get more referrals so I hope that goes well... We plan to have a fireside on referrals here soon. I love it here and know this is the Lord's work and he's helping me and comforting me when I', discouraged. I saw an elephant walking down the street the other day! Crazy huh? Anyways I know that God is helping me and is helping those who support me as well. I feel the love of family and of God every single day. I love you all. I miss you all and I hope everything is going great in America.

Love

Elder Federico

No comments:

Post a Comment