Friday, March 23, 2012

Kameron's fifteenth email!! :) March 18th 2012 for US, March 19th for Thailand!

97 days in the mission field!!

Dear Mother and Everyone else:

Well! Thailand is truly a special place and I can tell it's been set
apart to have missionary work because we are having pretty good
success! Yesterday (Sunday) Sister Ying got baptized! It was super
spiritual and 3 investigators were able to make it to the baptism so
that was a great spiritual experience for them. Two of the three said
I wanna be baptized a.s.a.p. so that's good. We had 6 investigators at
church yesterday so that was good! Sister YIng was a golden
investigator and was truly previously prepared for us. Her testimony
afterward was sooo special and awesome. I forgot my camera cord today
so I'll try to put a few pictures in the next email.

Last week we had a companion exchange. My trainer went to Bang na with
the district leader and I stayed in Samut Prakaan and the DL's
companion came here. So I was kinda in charge with calling taxi's
planning appointments and talking on the phone all wednesday night. It
was interesting but it went really well. I felt like a grew a lot just
from that experience alone. I think it's important to have those
exchanges to help young missionaries grow lots.

We went shopping at a cool shopping area last week; I forget the name
but I got a nice belt for 100 baht or about 3 dollars and that was a
fun experience. I didn't buy anything else but next time I go I will
get a few ties maybe or something. Not sure but it was really fun. And
for today we had a zone sports day! It was really fun and good to get
to know more missionaries. It's hot and humid but nothing nobody can't
handle.

Our investigators are doing really well and are definitely
progressing. The Lord is blessing my companion and I; we are working
hard but can always improve in some areas. I'm starting to understand
more and talk more in lessons so that'll help me grow as well. It's
such a blessing to have a khonthai companion(native companion). Elder
Benjamin and I get along really well!

For those of you that wanted to know about food; they have KFC,
Coldstone, Dairy Queen, and a few other place that america has. The
food is interesting here but really yummy for the most part! But I
love the food sooo far and have tried to eat almost everything I've
given; some of it is interesting but tastes good and some isn't very
good but it's okay. I am not starving so I'm happy haha.

I saw a dead snake the other day so that was interesting. And our
house had a rat we found but it wasn't tooo big and we caught it and
threw it outside so that was an interesting experience. Haven't seen
cockroaches or such mostly it's been a pretty decent house and area
and stuff. I saw a komodo dragon today by the lake at the park we had
zone sports day at.

We were able to serve our investigators last week and that was a good
experience and I feel like our investigators as a whole are truly
coming unto Christ. I feel like we are being sooo blessed by the Lord
right now. We just need to keep working hard and try to work even
harder in the coming weeks and days and I know the Lord will help us.
I hope everything is going well in the United States. Sorry I was not
able to send pictures this email; maybe next email.

It's amazing to be able to be a missionary; especially in Thailand. Us
white people stick out a lot here and so that's a good indicator to
draw people to listen a little bit and that's always fun. They thai
people are always surprised when a farang speaks Thai so that's fun to
catch them off guard by speaking decent thai haha. All is going well
and thanks for all the birthday wishes. Today has been a great
birthday and I'm sure it will get even better as the day goes on.

Okay, I know that heavenly father loves all of his children and wants
them to pray to him everyday, read the book of mormon everyday and
follow his commandments. I know that as we do these things he truly
will bless our lives and help us overcome our trials and weaknesses.
As we pray to heavenly father; if we pray sincerely he will answer our
prayers in some way shape or form. I have seen it multiple times
already here in Thailand. One of our investigators (Sister A); was
having a concern where she was not going to be able to come to church
the next three weeks because of work because she needs to make money
for her family. We had a lesson yesterday and she promised to come to
church and truly has faith that the lord will provide her with the
money she needs if she goes to church and follow's his commandments.
The thai people have such strong faith, it's sooo amazing to see such
faith in someone that has only been to church twice. The lord will
help his missionaries and prepare the missionaries' investigators to
hear the gospel and to follow its principles.
I love you all.
Love
Elder Federico

No comments:

Post a Comment