Friday, March 23, 2012

Kameron's fourteenth email!! :) March 11th 2012 for US March 12th for Thailand!

90 days in the mission field!

Hello Everyone!
  Well for starters! Sister Ying passed her baptism interview and
will be baptized the 18th of March! Hurray! Oh and we have 3 others
daters and one of the daters (baptism daters) says her brother and
mother might be interested... He name is Sister A.. But yeah. Her
first sunday, yesterday (11th) she showed up and 9 and stayed at the
church till we and all members left, some members stay for meeting
with msisionaries. She was at the church about 9 hours enjoying
herself. She's a golden investigator that for sure should be baptized
haha. I rode an elephant at the Crocodile farm, don't worry I got
pictures. I'll try to upload some pictures next week. I taught an
english class last tuesday so that's always fun.. Every tuesday we
have them and the Thai people try sooo hard to pronouce the english.
Other then that things are going great. I'm contributing more in the
lessons and understand more thai every day! They did have people
holding crocodiles at the crocodile farm and they stuck their heads in
in and crazy things! I'm assuming they drug those crocodiles. But
riding the elephant was crazy! My companion is thai but speaks english
pretty well but tries to speak Thai as much as possible which is
helping me tons! Speaking Thai in Thailand is definitely challenging
but I'm learning so much more being engrossed in it. Lotsa people here
can say a few sentences but nothing too crazy. It's mostly Thai. I
have seen a couple buddhist temples but not too much. But every house
here has buddhist statues or house thingys or buddhist something to
worship... I live in an aparment house thing with just my companion..
It's huge and can support two companionships but it's just us two. We
eat out most of the time for like 50 baht a meal mostly so like a
dollar and a half haha. 500ml of water is like 10 baht so like 33
cents or so... It's great! On sunday's the members eat at church
afterward so we usually eat member food then.. Our investigators(8)
are all progressing and we are trying to find more people to teach. We
are getting more referrals from members so that's helping. The members
are really trying to help us out here, it's AWESOME. We ride taxi's
mostly here because of all the cars and such so that's always good. I
hope I answered all the questions that you asked but if I forgot one
I'll get it next time. I gotta write the mission president now. I love
everyone I hope that everything is going great! The lord is definitely
helping the missionaries out here in Thailand and has truly prepared
people. Just gotta find them! I love you all..
Love
Elder Federico

No comments:

Post a Comment