Sunday, August 19, 2012

June 3rd 2012 for the US and June 4th for Thailand!

174 days in the mission field!! :)


Dear Everyone:

This week has been a very busy week. I realized I didn't describe my companion much. His name is Elder Jensen and he is from Cedar Hills Utah. He has 3 younger brothers. He is a really hard worker and we are working very hard. We got to go inviting a little more than normal than last week which was really hard work but was good. We met a few people that are willing to let us come back again. Rainy season is right on the brinks now. We are starting to see more cloud cover and such and have had a few okay storms. It's going to be very exciting in the near future I'm guessing. Our mission president changes this transfers which is on Aniesha's birthday, so July 5th. Happy birthday to everyone from May and June sorry I didn't get to send cards or anything or email personal emails. I miss my trainer a little bit because we meshed sooo well. But Elder Jensen and I get along just fine. Our New converts are staying strong and they all paid tithing yesterday from what I could see. They all have goals and plans to finish the Book of Mormon and go to the HOng kong Temple! :D Our investigators are doing well. We have a few sabbath day holy issues we are ironing out right now but We are working through it and our investigators have such faith. I will include a few stories in a little bit. We have a washer at our house then we hang dry in the house with a fan blowing on the clothes. Works really well. We don't eat much with the members but Our missionary funds are plenty to eat out all the time because it's soo cheap to eat out in Thailand. Sounds like the surgery for Zoi went well. I'm very glad and I am exciting that she is talking better and stuff. It is good to hear that everyone in Virginia is staying busy and I hope everyone else is doing well :) Stay close to the church and read everyday and pray everyday! It's a good habit and will help everyone's life run smoother. 

As for funny stories or anything, I don't have very much. My english grammer is bad sometimes and soo is Elder Jensen so sometimes we laugh at that. And I love the thai people. They are all sooo very nice and love to smile and absolutely love to try and speak english with a white person. It's really funny. Most thai's cannot speak much Thai but they try. English class last week went well and I hope it goes well this week as well. We had about 35 or more people show up to english class. Well nothing super funny. I might try and attach some photos in this email. 

As for our investigators, they are doing well. Sister Eww had a super awesome experience. We gave her the Law of Chastity pamphlet and asked her to read; she did of course( She's read to Alma 34 already!) Anyways a problem in thailand is most people that get married don't get married by law for real. So she hadn't and she asked if she needed to. We said yes. She pulled out her phone and asked her husband if they can go get married by law. Right there in the lesson she showed her faith and they should get married for real soon. She is doing great. Sister Nam is great. She HAS to learn on sundays which is kind of an issue but it's required right now. And she works sundays but we asked her to talk to her boss about getting all sundays off and I know the Lord will bless. I don't think she has yet but she has great faith. She's read to alma 1 already! She understands soo much in the Book of Mormon as well. Her younger sister Earn is doing great. She's read to mosiah 8 or so already which is great! She's 14 so she goes through phases but she's doing well and will be baptized before we know it. And their mother is going to be baptized soon as well. She can't read but she has soo much faith in the Lord it is awesome! Sister Benz (a recent convert) is Nam and Earn's older sister that set the example for them all :D That family will stay strong! Our other investigators are doing well and we are continuing to work hard. We have tons of scheduled appointments this week so we're excited as the work keeps on going. Anyways. the branch is doing really well also. On Saturday we went out with the Branch President for a few hours and visiting less-actives and tried to work more with the Less-actives. But overall this area is doing very well. My guess is I only have about 5 weeks left here. I'll probably be leaving next transfers so I'm working really hard. 

I hope everyone is doing well and has good health. Keep praying everyday and reading the scriptures everyday and go to church every sunday and the Lord will bless you and your lives will be even better then they already have. I love Thailand and I cannot believe 6 months has flown by almost already! Insane! I love you all. 

As for the pictures. It's pictures of the sacrament room at church. A pictures of Sister Benz little girl, a pictures of Nam's little girl, and something else that I cannot remember. Anyways Enjoy :D

Love
Elder Federico
เอ็ลเดอร์ เฟเดริโค

No comments:

Post a Comment