Sunday, August 19, 2012

July 22nd 2012 for the US and July 23rd for Thailand!!

223 days in the mission field!! :)


Dear family and friends:

Well, things are going good in Thailand. The area I'm in right now always floods in October so I'm sure I'll get some flooding if I am still here then. There is a lot of military in this area. It's crazy how much military there is here. Anyways, Lopburi is a very nice city that seems sooo small compared to Bangkok. Our investigators are doing well, specifically those with a baptismal date. Of course we need more investigators but we are working on that. We are exhausted every night but it's gonna be worth it in the end I'm sure. This coming week is Zone Conference and we also exchange with the zone leaders(because my companion is the district leader). I'm excited to get some training from the zone leader. It should be good and possibly help this area more as well. The members in the branch are very supportive and are very awesome. This past week we tried to use them more often but when we planned, something happened and the member couldn't come or the investigator had to cancel. But that's okay. Oh and the branch president is pretty awesome. He has such a willingness to help that this branch has to grow, no doubt about that.

Anyways, last Wednesday we were getting ready to go to the other area in our District for an exchange and district meeting. It was crazy, I finally went to the place where there are a ton of Monkeys. They are all over the place there. I'll take pictures of the cool ruins and the monkeys next time. I think to the movie Jumanji when I see the monkeys. Anyways, other then that. Nothing super crazy cool last week. It rained pretty hard a couple times but I think the rainy season is finally about to literally began. Oh and as for crazy foods, still nothing too crazy. But I'm willing to eat more vegetables and lettuce and stuff. Tomatoes I still don't like much but if it's small and in the stuff I don't care. So, my willingness to eat certain foods is increasing.

As for our investigators. They are doing okay. We have 3 people that are really doing great. All three came to church this past Sunday as well, which was good. 2 of them love the members and mingle very well but the third one still is having issues. She's doing well though and wants to be baptized. There names are Maan, Maam, and Aaradi. They are all progressing very well and are willing to keep commitments and to keep the commandments. Nothing super spiritual this past week, but of course you feel the spirit often. My companion and I are familiarizing ourselves with the area much more, which I'm sure will help very much. Other then that, not much to update.

Thank you everyone for the little tid-bits of information and thank you very much for the addresses. For all your questions. Thailand is amazing but pretty hot at times and rainy a lot lately. Our area is still moving along okay, we just need more investigators; but we are trying to find new ways to get them, because we did a lot of door-to-door last week and nothing happened. But that's okay, life's still going well and my companion and I have no issues. Transfers will be August 17th? (It's the thursday that week) Still a few weeks away. Then the next one will be September 27th?(the thursday that week)[that's when my companion will finish his mission].

Everyone make sure you enjoy California for me as well. :) But make sure to stay safe at the beach and stay safe in other areas as well. I hope to hear some good stories about the vacation next week. Sounds like everyone's families are doing well and are staying safe. I'll try to take some pictures of the monkeys here. I hope everyone has some fun plans for the the week. I'll continue to pray for you all. I love and miss you all and hope that everyone has a fun week. Thank you for all the support and love

Love
Elder Federico
เอ็ลเดอร์ เฟเดริโค

No comments:

Post a Comment