Sunday, August 19, 2012

Aug 19th for the US and Aug 20th for Thailand!! :)

251 days in the mission field!!

Dear Family and Friends:

Well, this past week was insane. As you may see, I'm emailing 2 days early. Because my pday has changed to Saturdays while I'm in my new area. I moved again already because I am now an Office Elder. It was an extreme shock to everyone because I'm really young in the mission to be an office Elder; but my companion from the MTC is training already; he's really young to be training as well. It's crazy how young the mission is getting. So, I figured I'd stay in Lopburi but I got taken out of Lopburi and put into downtown Bangkok in the office so my Pday has changed to Saturdays; so you'll need to send your emails by Friday night. 

Well, this first half a week as an office elder has been crazy. Right after transfer meeting we had to make sure all the companionships that came got all their supplies and such and took them back to their areas. Then we had to drive the van thing with all the luggage from the missionaries that are finishing this transfer and take it to the hotel that they are staying at. Then we drove back out in the traffic to take 12 bikes to a house that is holding all the bikes. We got home late and then we woke up early and took the missionaries that are finishing to the airport. It was a crazy first day. Working in the office will be very interesting. I'll have the opportunity to work with President Senior a lot because he office is just across from us. It has been an interesting few days. That's for sure. Being an office elder is very tiring as well. I know that God is willing and ready to help here,

The really cool thing about being an office elder is that I will get a Thai license to drive. We have a van that Elder Kunz(new companion) and I will be driving. We don't drive too often because we are in the middle of the city but we can drive if needed. I still haven't gotten my license yet but I'm sure I'll get it next week. Elder Kunz is from California in between San Fransisco and Los Angeles on the coast. He seems pretty awesome. Us two live with the two Assistants to the President as well. So it's quite the experiences to be with them and then see President Senior often. It should be a very fun time working in the future. I don't have too much else to say; just write me before Saturday next week; I know this week is a little weird but preparations day are now on Saturdays for me because we are office Elders. 

Well, I hope things are going very well. I love you very very very much. Stay safe.

Love

Elder Federico

No comments:

Post a Comment