Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Kameron's eighteenth email!! :) April 8th 2012 in the US and April 9th 2012 in Thailand!

118 days in the mission field!

Dear Everyone:

Samut Prakaan, Bangkok, Thailand is doing well. My companion and I are enjoying ourselves but that's just because we are teaching sooo much! It's fun to see people's faith help them triumph challenges. Like Brother Kwaan has had problems with smoking, alcohol, coffee, tea, and basically everything haha. But he has triumphed through all of that because of his faith and not has his interview for baptism this week. I'm super excited; he's grown sooo much in the last month. Sister A also has her interview this week but she doesn't have too many things to triumph; just a lack of support from her family but she's really strong and faithful already. This week is transfer meeting! Insane how quick the time flies and such. I cannot believe it has already been six weeks! General conference was interesting but good. I watched it in Thai so didn't learn everything but Liahona next month will help so yeah. I did get to read the last session (Sun Afternoon) in English while watching in Thai so that was good. All our of investigators that came all had a good experience and learned something that they enjoyed so that's good. Oh and the car bombs from what I understand were down in the penninsula way way way far away from any missionaries, we aren't allowed to serve down there as you can see why. Although i think our area is the furthest south for Samut Prakaan so maybe the closest to that.. But still like 10+ hours car ride maybe even more. I don't know the specifics I just know it isn't anywhere near missionaries.

Thailand is still amazing and is kinda normal now haha. We take our shoes off to enter every house, but not stores and churches and such. And we sit on the ground a lot when teaching but sometimes people have chairs. The thing I've enjoyed the most other then the pizza company which has good pizza, oh and all the desserts here that are good. Is either Som Tam which is really spicy but really good; surprisingly no meat and mostly veggies and stuff but yeah; that with sticky rice is yummy. Then Khaw Mu Tod Gratiam which is fried pork with rice with garlic sauce stuff mixed in... really yummy.  I haven't had anything that I absolutely despise but that's because I avoid the sea food and such but I attempt to try everything. Sometimes I'm still reluctant to try things but that's just if they really look like insanely gross and if my companion doesn't like it it generally isn't good.

This week is Somgran or The Water Festival from the 11th or 12th of April till the 16th ish. It's just a huge water fight all across Thailand, next week I'll tell of my experience. So because of that we get to email today(monday) but it isn't pday, pday will be friday and we get to play in the water festival; get a water gun and have some fun haha. I'm excited to have some fun. It'll be fun I'm sure. I'll let you know that experience next week. But as for spiritual experiences, they are in great abundance. Generally, it's just to see the growth of our investigators that touches me a lot It has been sooo fun to help them come closer to christ while helping myself do the same.

Sounds like everyone is staying busy and moving on with life, that's good. I hope all goes well with the births of children and the trip to alaska for Katie and all trips I hope everyone has fun and returns home in safety. I know that the Lord will bless those that keep his commandments and pray for his help. Just keep chugging along, it might be hard to read the BOM everyday, but do it :) I promise it'll make your lives better and will help you solve the problems in your life. It truly is a special book and can solve anything as long as we believe that it can and we pray to God to help us understand and solve our problems. I love you all.

Love
Elder Federico

No comments:

Post a Comment